From its headquarters in Gardena, California, DV Medical Supply, Inc., distributes medical and surgical supplies for use in the health care and veterinary industries. DV Medical Supply provides a range of pharmaceuticals, including Meloxicam, a commonly used nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used by patients with osteoarthritis. Here are some of the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
1. Pain. Osteoarthritis inflames the joints, often resulting in pain or tenderness, particularly during or after movement of the affected joint.
2. Large joints. The affected joints may appear larger than usual, an issue that particularly affects those with osteoarthritis of the knees. The increased size results from the formation of bone spurs around the joint.
3. Stiffness. Following long periods of inactivity, such as sleep, the joint becomes stiff leading to a loss of some flexibility. In some cases, this loss of motion affects the patient throughout the day.
4. Muscle loss. Severe osteoarthritis can cause muscles to lose their bulk, particularly if the condition forces the patient into inactivity.
5. Grating. When using the affected joint, patients may hear a grating sound that is often accompanied by pain.